Bubble Hash gets its name from the bubble bags (sieve-like screens) you use to separate the trichomes from the plant matter.
The name “bubble hash” may also refer to the bubbles that form when bubble Hash is smoked. No matter where bubble hash got its name from, we do know that consuming this product is more potent than consuming typical cannabis flower. Bubble hash can have THC levels as high as 60%, compared to typical flower cannabis, where you’re looking at THC levels of only around 10 – 20%. Because of this, make sure you’re being careful if you haven’t consumed bubble hash before, we wouldn’t want you to get over your therapeutic sweet spot and over consume.
If this is your first time learning how to make bubble hash, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll teach you how to make bubble hash like a professional does. Remember, making bubble hash like a professional does include using professional grade equipment. The start up cost for these items can get high for some people, but we promise the results at the end are worth it. Also, most of what you buy, you will be able to use over and over again, and the things you need that you can’t reuse are very inexpensive.
How To Make Bubble Hash: The Recipe
What you need:
- 25u Drying sheets
- Parchment lined baking sheet 5 Gallon buckets
- Bubble bags
- Paper towels
- Cannabis that is rich with trichomes
- If you grow your own and trim your own at home, when you collect the sugar leaves from your trimmings, be sure to put them into a food saver type bag and seal and freeze them. This will give you a strong end product.
- Bubble machine (also known as water agitator)
- Bag of ice
The steps to take:
- Add ice to 220u zipper bag
- Add cannabis
- Add more ice
- Zip the bag up
- Add bag to bubble machine
- Add water to bubble machine
- Add a little more ice to the bubble machine
- Set the timer on the bubble machine for 10 minutes and let it do it’s thing
- While the bubble machine agitates, now is a good time to prepare your bubble bags. Start off by stacking them in a 5 gallon bag starting with the 25u first, and ending with the 220u. You do it this way so that the bags with the smallest filters are at the bottom, and the bags with the largest filters are at the top. This allows the thicker material to be caught at the top, leaving whatevers at the bottom to be the purest form
- Once the bubble machine is completed, take the water from the machine and slowly pour it through the bags in 5 gallon bucket
- Allow the water to drain all the way through all the bags
- Pull the bags from the bucket one at a time and place into a clean bucket
- Gently rinse to remove contaminants
- Collect hash from each bag and place on 25u drying screen using your spoon. You’ll most likely have to scrape it with the side of the spoon to get it all off
- Repeat this process for each bag
- After all bags are done repeat entire process from beginning 1-2 more times to ensure collection of all possible hash
- Using your spoon, break hash up as small as possible
- Spread out on parchment lined baking sheet to dry
- Repeat process for each run
- Place in a cool dark place for 72 hours to dry
- Collect and consume!
How To Enjoy Bubble Hash
Edibles are one of the easiest and most discreet ways to consume cannabis. This is especially true with bubble hash. You can mix your bubble hash into everything from butter and honey to tea and candy. Or you can even sprinkle it on top of your mid-day salad. Since the bubble hash is activated, you don’t need to cook it in order to get the high you’re looking for. If you really wanted to you could just eat plain bubble hash doing nothing else to it after you process it and it would get you high. We wouldn’t recommend that, just because the taste probably wouldn’t be the greatest, but if you were determined to, you absolutely could.
Joint and Blunt
If you roll your own joints or blunts, sprinkle a dash of bubble hash on top before you roll it up. This will add a kick of flavor to the blunt or joint. But not only that, it will make it more potent as well. Some people kind this to be their most preferred method of consumption, especially is they usually only smoke blunts or joints and don’t typically use pieces.
Bong and Pipe
After you’ve packed your bong, rub a bit of bubble hash on top to transform your lower grade cannabis to the highest quality. Even if you have high quality cannabis, you can still add some bubble hash to the top to make it even stronger.
Using either a pen, or a table top vaporizer with bubble hash can really improve the effects you get from it. It’s also a different, flavorful and fun way to consume bubble hash.
Bubble hash is a very versatile product. You can use it to create moon rock weed, or add it to Thai sticks. The potential is endless with this strong cannabis concentrate.
Now that you know how to make bubble hash, share with us what your favorite part of the process was below! If you still have questions for how to make bubble hash, check out our Cannabis Therapy PotCast episode: How To Make Bubble Hash for instructions as well as visuals.
Unlock Our Cannabis Resource Center
Join our mailing list to get instant access to our latest Cannabis News, Guides, and Extra Resources.